Red Pine Elementary Library
The Red Pine library’s goals are to:
- Promote a love of reading;
- Help students to access, process, and communicate across all types of media;
- Assist students in becoming effective users of ideas and information, and
- Encourage lifelong learning.
We promote these goals by:
- Providing a wide variety of print, non-print and electronic resources;
- Running a student-friendly library including two professional staff members and many dedicated volunteers;
- Integrating technology for educational objectives, and
- Teaching lifelong skills such as library location skills (print and electronic), the research process, understanding media messages, literature appreciation, and the responsible use of technology.
Grade K-5 classrooms are scheduled to visit for a 50-minute library each cycle. It is important for each student to have something to read that he/she enjoys. To view the library schedule and suggested reading, visit the Library Homepage.
If your student forgets books or is absent on library day, please encourage them to visit us the next day during “Open Library” time. The hours for open library are posted in every classroom.
If you have any questions concerning books, due dates, book recommendations or other library topics, please feel free to email Mrs. Robertson at Kelly.Robertson@district196.org or Mrs. Jarvi at Suzanne.Jarvi@district196.org.